VLAN and Multicast on MS and MR Device

wial
Comes here often

VLAN and Multicast on MS and MR Device

Hello All,

I am just unboxed my MS and MR devices and I am very new to Meraki.

I want to apply my network with the following topology :

vlan.png

I have 3 vlan 10,30 and 40 which works fine on wired connection, connected onto MS350. The DHCP server is the External router.

I have 3 SSIDs and I want each SSID have different VLAN: Music is VLAN 10, Learn is VLAN 30 and Work is VLAN 40.

Would you please to guide me in how to :

1) have SSID with each VLAN as my plan?

2) how to enable Multicast traffict/IGMP only for VLAN 10 both wired and wireless.

Regards

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
wial
Comes here often

Thank you, Sir. I Will update on the SSID tagging

For IGMP, I did as follow :

IP address I am using for multicast is 192.168.27.0/24 and the DHCP is generated from External router

This is the view of MXThis is the view of MX

The view on MSThe view on MS

Please correct me if I am wrong since I do not know what the next step is. And how to test if the multicast traffict is now working/not. Thank you

wial
Comes here often

SSID is now working with specific VLAN. I am still not able to deliver the multicast, at least I know whether multicast is already configured or not.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Can you clarify the reason(s) for having the different SSIDs?

wial
Comes here often

We have a music controller needs connect to the network wirelessly, network is on vlan 10, no internet, this why I put on different ssid.

same thing for ssid learn, it has to connect to our local learning management system in vlan 30. Students can access this wirelessly.

SSID work is for public internet.

yaypingworks
Here to help

See if your APs support identity PSK, this way you can have 1 SSID and 3 different passwords that place you into separate VLANs. You will use meraki group policies for assigning VLANs and limiting access

wial
Comes here often

Thank you, Sir. it works on this plan. Now I want to have to enable IGMP into the specific VLAN on SSID.

Been followed this doc: https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Multicast_support#IGMP_Support_...

But I want to know how to test the IGMP works. Since my AV vendor keeps saying to enable IGMP on AP.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels