Unable to login via splash page, showing error "Access Denied"

Rohit_Rana
Getting noticed

Unable to login via splash page, showing error "Access Denied"

Hi everybody.

I have recently joined an IT company where Meraki system is already available but I am new to use the Meraki devices except basic fundamentals which I have learned through various tutorials and videos.

I am facing below mentioned challenges while working on the Meraki dashboard.

1 In SSID settings, I have chosen "Sign On with" as "Meraki Cloud authentication" and users are created to get the authentication. While trying to login in the splash page to connect the internet, it is showing error "Access Denied". I tried to create many guest users and changing password but facing same issue . Then I think that this error is not related to invalid credentials. 

2 Even if I am choosing "Splash Page" setting as "None" in any SSID, still it is redirecting the users to splash page and showing same error of "Access Denied".

I wants the users to be get connected to internet through splash page username and password so that I can track status for each user login very easily.

Thank you very much in advance and any support will be appreciated.

9 Replies 9
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at this doc. It identifies a few gotchas.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Troubleshooting_Users...

To clarify, is the user successfully being redirected to the login page before receiving the access denied error?

And do they receive the error before or after typing in their credentials?

Hi @Brash ,

Thanks for writing.

User is able to successfully redirected to the login page before receiving the access denied error.

After redirecting to splash page, when user is typing credentials and clicking on sign in, he is getting this error.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to authorize the user on Network-wide > Configure > Users

alemabrahao_0-1688054454108.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi @alemabrahao .

Thanks for writing here !

I have already added user in the user list. But non of the user is able to login and facing same error of "Access Denied". 

User management.PNG

Rohit_Rana
Getting noticed

Please have a look at the settings which I have configured. Please Let me know if any changes required to resolve the "Access Denied" issue for splash page.AD setting.PNGSplash page setting.PNGSSID_security.PNG

What are you using PSK and cloud authentication at same time? 

Leave security open and disable 802.11r and 802.11w.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Another thing, you have to decide if you are going to use Splash on MR or MX, you are configuring splash page for both. If you are going to define the splash page for the Wifi there is no reason to configure the splash page for the network that is being used for the Wifi in the MX as well.

Hi @alemabrahao 

My goal is to use splash page on MX so that every user who is trying to connect with internet (Either LAN or WiFi) should enter their username and password on splash page and after that only user will be able to user internet. Please suggest to implement that.

Also, I don't need AD now. It was pre configured as shown below. Now if I am selecting "Default to Network wide" on place of "Require login via splash", then splash page stopped working in all SSIDs , even if it is still configured in SSIDs.

Please suggest me if there is any need of "Active directory authentication" for configuring Network Wide/MX splash page login. 

ad splash page.png

If the wireless subnet is in the MX it doesn't make sense to enable splash page for that subnet in the MX, enable it only in the Wlan and in the MX only for the lan network.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels