Unable to connect MR44 to network

Solved
Arpit18
Conversationalist

Unable to connect MR44 to network

Hi, I got a MR44 device from a colleague since I was facing lot of internet issues on my system. But I am unable to connect the AP to the network and utilize the product. Can someone provide step by step guidance? 

Also, I tried adding the device to the network using the serial number. It says the device is already in use. Not sure how can I solve this issue?

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to ask your colleague to remove it from their organisation so that you can claim it into yours.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well that's a problem.

If you bought it second hand, you need to contact the seller and ask them to remove it from their inventory.

Unfortunately support cannot remove it for you, the most they will do is inform which organization the MR is linked to.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

But the device is also from Cisco and I am from Cisco too

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is that a joke? You need to ask your coworker to unclain it.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Sorry for that. Thought there would be a direct approach where support can do this for internal request. Sincere apologies

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to ask your colleague to remove it from their organisation so that you can claim it into yours.

Arpit18
Conversationalist

Thank you Brash. Appreciate your response. I am completely new to this. Thought it could be done directly by the Support team

TBHPTL
A model citizen

Actually,  the organization  affiliation isn't the issue. The issue is its assigned to a network.  A device can be claimed into multiple organizations, but only assigned to a single network.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's not true.

It's 100% TRUE. You can have the same item in 100 differing orgs. Try it. ownership is determined when the item is in actual NETWORK inventory. Try it and I will be here when you find out you were wrong and accept your apology.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note that you must also buy a licence for it to work.

Got it. Thank you Philip

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels