Twilio SMS requires Alphanumeric Sender ID on SMS or they will be blocked

Richard
Here to help

Twilio SMS requires Alphanumeric Sender ID on SMS or they will be blocked

We use Twilio SMS to register Guest access on WiFi

Has been working for years with a US phone number and SMS sent to most international codes without issue

Now the US says it will block SMS  messages that do not have an Alphanumeric Sender ID and some countries also require the sender organisation to register with the Govt 

Our customer has visitors from all over the world and this is causing issues for many guests

Is there any plans for Meraki to allow the dashboard to pass an Alphanumeric Sender ID via the dashabord to Twilio API?

Anyone got a way out of this issue with international SMSs

Thanks

Richard

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It seems like Meraki may not currently support it.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/Alphanumeric-Sender-ID-using-Twilio-account-API/m-p/195...

I suggest opening a support case to confirm.

If it's critical for your business, I'd also suggest reaching out to your Cisco rep to let them know. 

I asked Meraki about it and nothing came back - It must be an issue for many customers

I've contact tech support again today

Just wondered had anyone else had an issue or solved it

I put a post up on the link you gave me for it 

Thanks

Richard

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Stop using SMS.

Consider using one of the other guest options, like sponsored guest.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Sponsored_Guest 

The SMS solution does not require any on-site management or work from local staff

I contacted Twilio to see how we install the Alpha ID

Looks like if you have a USA number you cant add the Alpha ID and so may need to buy a number from Ireland or the UK

I'll post how it goes

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels