Testing new wireless system and got disconnected due to "invalid authentication"

LakesideLion
Getting noticed

Testing new wireless system and got disconnected due to "invalid authentication"

We have completely refreshed all of our network equipment to Meraki and so I wanted to do some testing with the wireless and see how it does.   We have all MR 57's ( about 190 all across campus ).

My test was to start a long youtube video and walk around campus.  After walking around campus and looking in the dashboard timeline I have a few questions that hopefully someone can educate me on.  I looked at the timeline of the device I was carrying around.

First one, why are there multiple events about getting disconnected due to invalid authentication after I've already connected successfully?  I got a lot in just 15 minutes.

Second one, I got a failed connection due to "EAPoL timeout".

Third,  So I walked through a deadspot and got disconnected.  I saw the icon change in my windows taskbar.   But when I returned to my desk where there is an access point less than 10 feet away, my laptop never reconnects.  Why is that?

All strange behaviors to me.  

Thanks for everybody's contribution to this.

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using WPA2-Enterprise mode?  What are you using for your RADIUS server?

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

Yeah, sounds like a timeout on your RADIUS server. You can increase the time out… have you tried using a PSK or enabling 802.11r?

Please feel free to hit that kudos button

We're using WPA3 and our radius server is NPS on Windows Server with a local AD.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels