Sponsored Guest - Subdomain

Solved
JustinH
Conversationalist

Sponsored Guest - Subdomain

Just a question,

Is it possible to use a subdomain (eg @authorized.example.com) as the valid sponsor email domain?  The reason I'm asking is that it is easier/cheaper to create a subdomain than a completely separate domain.

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @JustinH,

I have tested this today and it works.  I modified an SSID with existing domains to allow the guest to be from a subdomain.  I then connected and used an email from the subdomain as the guest and after receiving and approving the connection request, it connected as normal.  This reply to the community is being typed whilst on that connection 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To be honest I have never tried that.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @JustinH,

I have tested this today and it works.  I modified an SSID with existing domains to allow the guest to be from a subdomain.  I then connected and used an email from the subdomain as the guest and after receiving and approving the connection request, it connected as normal.  This reply to the community is being typed whilst on that connection 🙂

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I then removed the primary domain and was still able to authenticate with a valid email of the subdomain.  If I tried to use an email in the primary domain that was not in the subdomain then it fails, stating that the email is not valid.

All in all, it works perfectly with subdomains!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Apart from "." every other domain is a sub-domain.  So this seems reasonable.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels