Splash screen won't load on BYOD cell phones, no cell phone service

BD78
New here

Splash screen won't load on BYOD cell phones, no cell phone service

We have a new building we are about to open, it's solid brick.  There is no cell phone service once you are inside the building so the splash screen won't load on our employees' BYOD cell phones.  They have to go outside to get the splash screen to load.  Wondering if there is a way to force the splash screen to load from the wi-fi connection instead of it trying to use a cell phone signal. Thanks in advance for any help!

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using an external portal or Meraki's own?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Meraki's

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well to be honest, from what you're describing this seems to be a Wifi signal coverage problem, there's not much you can do other than add more access points to cover the shadow areas.

But I suggest that you hire a company to carry out a site survey on site, so that they can check what may be affecting your network and suggest appropriate improvements.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

So you're saying the splash screen should be coming from the wi-fi connection the user is trying to connect to, not being loaded from the cell phone service on the phone?

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes the wifi provides the connection to the splash page. Else almost no laptop or tablet  would be able to use a splash page.

Makes sense. Thank you!

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

By all means.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you sure your WiFi doesn't have a configuration issue?  If you "whitelist" a user (so there is no splash page), does DNS work?  Can they access the Internet?  If not - you have a configuration issue with your WiFi.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels