Splash page opening in Chrome Incognito and not working

Solved
lalgaze
Here to help

Splash page opening in Chrome Incognito and not working

We have several WIFI's set up with different types of splash pages, click through and authentication. I notice that every so often on various devices when they try to connect a browser tab opens and nothing is shown.  Recently I've noticed that when that happens the Chrome browser is opened in incognito mode.  When I discover this I copy/paste the URL from the incognito tab to a regular tab, the page renders and I can get past the splash page.  Is this a setting on the device or on the WIFI?

Any assistance is appreciated.

lalgaze

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It appears to be browser cache. Try clearing the cache.

Just out of curiosity, is it an external portal or Meraki itself.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It appears to be browser cache. Try clearing the cache.

Just out of curiosity, is it an external portal or Meraki itself.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks for the suggestion, I always thought anything done in Chrome's incognito (cache, saved pages, etc) would get wiped out when all incognito tabs are closed but doing further research it looks like some stuff is retained and there is probably a chrome setting for this. It's probably more likely that incognito has less cache than the non-browser tab so that is why it's being opened in that mode.

This is the default Meraki SSID splash page.

lalgaze

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels