Samsung Galaxy Tablets A8 - incorrect password

Adamski101
Here to help

Samsung Galaxy Tablets A8 - incorrect password

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of Galaxy Tabs A8 either not connecting to Wifi or connecting then losing connection after a while and not reconnecting.  The error is "incorrect pasword".  If I change the encryption to WPA3 transition or WPA 3 the issue is fixed but it may not be the best solution if it effects unsupported devices.  

Thanks 🙂

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

WPA3 Transition Mode

WPA3 SAE has a transition mode (sometimes called mixed mode) created to allow WPA2 clients to co-exist on the same SSID used for WPA3. Although WPA3 needs to have Management Frame Protection (MFP/802.11w) set to Required, the Dashboard can also be set to Enabled, so that the STA which are not compliant with either WPA3 or MFP can still connect seamlessly.

802.11w can be set to Required, however WPA2 clients which do not support MFP will not be able to associate.

If you continue to have problems, I suggest creating a new SSID.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The question is why would the devices connect on the transition mode and not WPA2 - the security on the tab is WPA2 and WPA3 Personal

In this case I suggest create a new SSID with WPA2 only.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have NEVER been able to use WPA3 transition mode successfully.  There are always devices that break.  Are you using either 802.11w or 802.11r?  If so, try turning them off and see if the issue goes away.

I have also never been able to do an 802.11w deployment - same issue - there is always some device that breaks.

I had to disable 802.11r recently for a customer as some of their old iPads would not work reliably with it on.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels