Meraki MR66 repair

DojoRat
New here

Meraki MR66 repair

Does anyone know of a repair facility for MR66 APs?

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of any Meraki authorized repairers.

But given most devices come with a lifetime warranty (until their EOL date), there wouldn't be much point to have repairers as the device can just be RMA'd.

Looks like the MR66 is still supported for another year so you should still be able to RMA.

DojoRat
New here

Thanks! I read on the Cisco site that the MR66 only had a one year warranty; but I'll check it out. I sure didn't come up with any repair shops when I did a search.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ah I forgot the mr66 is an outdoor AP.

You're correct, outdoor AP's have 1 year coverage.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Returns_(RMAs)%2C_Warranties_an...

That said, I'd still raise a case for an RMA and see if support can get it replaced.

DojoRat
New here

Thanks again, Brash. I just spoke with a Cisco tech and he informed me that many of the INdoor APs are limited lifetime warranty, but the outdoor APs and I believe he said the outdoor cameras are only good for one year. I guess I have a $1000 boat anchor now...

DojoRat
New here

Oh, I forgot to mention that I asked Cisco if they did repairs or knew of a repair facility, but they do not, in case anyone else is wondering.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels