SSID Availability - Tagging

A_Vijay
Here to help

SSID Availability - Tagging

Hi Team,

I have enabled SSID availability on our network. Till now, we have installed more than 160 Meraki APs. I have tagged 91 devices for SSID availability, but most of the devices still broadcast the disabled SSID publicly. 10–15 devices only disabled that SSID.

Could anyone help me mitigate the issue?

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you show your configuration? 

Both the TAGs applied to the APs and the SSID availability configuration.

It's a relatively simple setup, so you're probably forgetting something.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi Alemabrahao,

I have shared the configuration. Please let me know if I missed something.SSID_Availability.PNG

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And how are you so sure that the APs that don't have the TAG are transmitting the SSID? Did you go to the location and see the SSID being transitioned? Do you go to the AP status page?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Yes, I went to the location, and I was able to connect the AP successfully, which doesn't have the tag.SSID_Availability_Client_Connection.png

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I  suggest you open a support case.

Malwina
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Would be great if we could have more information regarding your setup as there could be some caveats to it. 

For example, adding multiple AP tags in a single VLAN tag could result in the VLAN ID not applying correctly and therefore SSID availability not functioning as expected. 

Hi Malwina,

I have shared the configuration details in a reply message for Alemabrahao.

I added a single AP tag to a single VLAN tag, but I added the AP tags for more than 90 of the 160 APs.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are all of these 160 APs in the same network?

If they are in different networks you'll need to configure SSID availability in each network (unless you are using a template).

Hi PhilipDAth,

All of the 160 APs are on the same network.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels