Port running LACP and LACP has disabled this port

Solved
CARLOS11111
Comes here often

Port running LACP and LACP has disabled this port

I get this message when I connect my second fiber for redundancy. but I get this message

I have 2 core
core 1 port 5 to sw systems port 49 everything is fine, but in core 2 to port 51 I have problems, I get this message and it is disabled as soon as I connect it. I have all the correct settings. The problem started when I disconnected the port and reconnected it. Before that everything worked fine.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Which device are you referring to? Can you provide information on the model please?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Which device are you referring to? Can you provide information on the model please?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

MS425-16 core

MS225-48FP sw sistemas

Mention in the discussion of the link below.

"Link Aggregation/EtherChannel/Port-Channel uses different methods of bundling multiple ethernet links into one logical link. Link Aggregation (LACP), Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) or "mode on". The terminology is often used interchangeably to describe link bundling. For example, certain Cisco platforms (Catalyst) use the command "show etherchannel summary" while some (Nexus) utilize "show port-channel summary". In short, they are referencing the same feature.

Meraki MS supports LACP only which means that both ends of the link(s) should be able to talk 802.3ad. "

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Switching/Port-aggregation-not-working/m-p/101200

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What does the event say for the reason the port was disabled?

Try giving the port a cycle in the dashboard.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels