New MR 31.1.5 beta firmware - assorted WiFi 6 fixes, does it fix 6GHz SSIDs not appearing...?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New MR 31.1.5 beta firmware - assorted WiFi 6 fixes, does it fix 6GHz SSIDs not appearing...?

Wireless firmware versions MR 31.1.5 changelog

Important note

Bug fixes

• General stability and performance improvements
  • CW9164I 2.4Ghz Tx power inconsistencies
  • SSID information not returned for 6Ghz (Wi-Fi 6E APs)
  • IGMP general membership queries not being sent upon roam (Wi-Fi 6 APs)
  • Instability and OOM with high client connectivity (Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 6E APs)

Known issues

• Sporadic packet loss & instability on Layer 3 roaming & Teleworker VPN SSID's (Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 6E APs)
7 Replies 7
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The recalcitrant CW9166I AP that won't broadcast on 6GHz is being RMAed as it cannot find the cloud after upgrading to 31.1.5 and then being factory reset...  I'll let you know how the replacement gets on, both with 31.1.5 and the 6GHz band...

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Bildschirmfoto 2024-10-02 um 07.21.34.png

Had to switch back to 31.1.4 due to CW9166I's frequently (every few minutes) loosing connectivity. 😐

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That's what happened to mine, so I performed a factory reset and they wouldn't find the Meraki cloud...  New one arriving today... 🤞

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New one boot looped the same, so downgraded the network to 31.1.4 but it is still bootlooping.  Pulled the patch cable and lets see if that recovers it.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Still bootlooping, out of date config and it thinks it is in the Netherlands (possibly related to the config issue) so downgrading network to 30.7 🤞

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wow, that's a huge bummer!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looks like 31.1.5 killed the replacement CW9166I and after I reported this to support the release was pulled...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels