New MR 31.1.4 beta firmware - roaming and general fixes, does it fix clients failing to connect...?

Solved
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New MR 31.1.4 beta firmware - roaming and general fixes, does it fix clients failing to connect...?

Wireless firmware versions MR 31.1.4 changelog

Important note

Bug fixes

• General stability and performance improvements
  • Roaming-related issues with 802.11r configured SSID (Wi-Fi 6 APs)

Known issues

• Sporadic packet loss & instability on Layer 3 roaming & Teleworker VPN SSID's (Wi-Fi 6 APs)
1 Accepted Solution

A week on , and still trouble free.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

Lets see if the CW APs in the lab will be more stable then 31.1.3 - 24 hours on (give or take) everything OK.

The only thing REALLY annoying is this:

thomasthomsen_0-1723576515602.png

I have two transistion mode SSIDs one with PSK/SAE and one Dot1x.

The Dot1x one actually IS being broadcast on 6Ghz, the SAE one... not so much.

“Ah, cruel fate, how swiftly joy and sorrow alternate!”

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I found the PSK/SAE one also to not be on 6GHz, but am on 30.7 right now...  Hope your test goes well 🤞 

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

Well, fingers crossed yes.. But I still suspect it was a "time"  (perhaps memory leak) issue. So ... waiting 🙂

A week on , and still trouble free.

AaronS
Here to help

Hoping as well that the random connection issues are fixed in 31.1.4. Upgrading all of our locations today/tonight. Since being on 31.1.3, we've had three different locations that had numerous devices suddenly stop connecting until the APs were rebooted. The locations included MR57 and MR46 APs. Would try to connect then not connect. Checking AP logs, it shows an association followed shortly by disassociation, saying "client was deauthenticated", " client association expired", and "802.11_reason_code = undefined" in the event log within Meraki for access points.

Edit: make that four locations. One that hadn't been updated to 31.1.4 yet had the issue this morning. Issue spans multiple device types. Windows computers, Macs, Android phones, iPhones, and Android barcode scanners have all experienced connection issues when this occurs at a location.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I tried 31.1.4 today as I had the issue of the WPA3-SAE SSID not broadcasting on 6GHz.  However within 4 hours I had the inability of Android clients to reconnect to a CW9166I, so rolled back to 30.7.  While the AP was running 31.1.4 I didn't see the WPA-SAE on 6GHz...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels