Network configuration

TakovGnomon
New here

Network configuration

Trying to build a lab with wireless APs connecting to LAN and LAN to APs. I made one gateway and one repeater. I connected the repeater to a switch but when I plugged in my PC to the switch I cant get in to the network. it is saying on my Ethernet. Unauthenticated.

It seems it is trying to use vlan 206. do I need to add that Vlan to the layer 3 switch where my gateway is connected?

1 Reply 1
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the computer is in VLAN 206, you will need a VLAN interface declared for that somewhere (either on the switch or an upstream router/MX).
If you do have VLAN 206 setup upstream, you might have some VLAN tagging mismatches.

Do you have a topology diagram?
Is the PC getting an IP address when plugged in? And if so, can it ping the default gateway?

Take a look at the example topology in the following doc

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wi-Fi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Extending_the_LAN_with_a_Wireles...

Also keep in mind that by default, only one VLAN is extended.

Multiple VLANs can be extended on MR firmware 28.1 and above but require Meraki support to enable.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels