Motorola 9090 and Meraki WiFi

Craig_PA
New here

Motorola 9090 and Meraki WiFi

Having issues with Motorola 9090 RF Guns and Meraki 64E.

Motorola RF Guns running Windows Mobile 6.X and when the come out of sleep, it disables the WiFI NIC on the gun. 

All combinations of Power Settings have been tested (CAM, PSP, MAX) to no avail. 

Nothing obvious on the Meraki side. Have disabled UNII 2 and 3 as a test. Issue occurs with device stationary and seeing good signal strength from the nearest AP. 

Any input appreciate. We are at wits end as this is occurring at several sites. 

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What type gun is it exactly,  does it even support 5ghz?  If i google it i only see very old devices.

Did you try running a 2.4ghz only ssid? With lowest bitrate support

Motorola 9090. And yes, they are very old.

That is a good point. We have avoided doing that for channel plan reasons AND the guns were successfully running on 5ghz. We are currently running 5ghz at its lowest mandatory bitrate ( 6 mbps )

Thank you for your reply. 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They have run fine on meraki? Or previous wifi solution?

Did it start after a firmware update?

You could try disable things like band steering and client balancing in the rf profile 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I personally don't see any problem related to Meraki in your case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels