Mismatch between AutoRF and AP 5 GHz channel

gabtoub
Here to help

Mismatch between AutoRF and AP 5 GHz channel

Hi everyone ! 

I've recently upgraded some of our networks to MR 30.5 firmware and noticed that some APs aren't broadcasting the right channel assigned by AutoRF. 

I've thought about DFS events, but none are visible in event log. 

Also I'm not sure that this behavior was seen before upgrade to MR 30.5 , but cannot confirm.

For example, on one of our APs,  AutoRF event is showing channel 140 as assigned for radio 1 (5GHz)  :

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 13.51.19.png

However, the AP keep broadcasting on channel 36, even after waiting few minutes after AutoRF event. The config status is up to date at screenshot time : 

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 13.54.04.png

Has anyone ever experienced the same problem ? I'd like to understand what's going on with AutoRF as the channel management is not optimal on this site. 

Thanks for your help,

Gabriel

2 Replies 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@gabtoub see my post from last week, I wonder if we are seeing the same issue: Solved: Something wrong with the RF indicators here - The Meraki Community

Hi @cmr , that seems very similar !

I've called support yesterday when I had the issue, they told that according to backend logs, the AP is taking the AutoRF channel change, but for an unknown reason, the AP is reverting (without logs) to original channel. 

Also, we were warned about our number of SSIDs (8) which can cause higher CPU usage on AP.

I'll try to upgrade another network with fewer SSIDs to see if the problem occurs

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels