Meraki WiFi Offline Clients

Solved
Tom7021
New here

Meraki WiFi Offline Clients

Struggling to find an answer on this one. Does anyone know how long a Wireless Client should still show for in the Clients list after it has gone offline and is there a way to change the duration? 

Struggling to find historic data at the moment. 

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

30 days, and you can't  increase it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Privacy_and_Security/Cloud_Data_Retention_Po...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

30 days, and you can't  increase it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Privacy_and_Security/Cloud_Data_Retention_Po...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Tom7021
New here

Thanks, although I don't seem to get more than 24 hours. If I sort my Client list by Last seen, you can see the below:

Tom7021_0-1687262444562.png

I'm offsite today, but yesterday one of my mobile devices would have been connected in the morning and I can no longer see that. 

Should I be looking somewhere else to see 30 day history?

Vinisha
Conversationalist

It's this option on the top:

Vinisha_1-1687263260970.png

let me know if it worked..

Literally saw that after posting this, why are the simple things always the hardest!

Thank you 🙂 

Madhan_kumar_G
Getting noticed

Hi,

you should be able to pull out data upto 90 days historic. If more that that retention is required, only option is to have a syslog server.

Tom7021
New here

I missed the obvious drop-down "for the last 30 days"! Apologies, I think I need my eyes tested!

Also found the Event log which is quite useful, having not needed to do this type of work before I hadn't looked.

Thank you for your help 🙂 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels