Meraki MR windows Rdp issue

kdm_korean
Comes here often

Meraki MR windows Rdp issue

hello

dear teachers

One problem occurred.

I am using MR 56, and some clients are disconnecting when using Windows rdp.

Has anyone faced a similar problem?

i need help

thank you

7 Replies 7
TBHPTL
A model citizen

Not enough information to assist.  Very basically, if your clients have IP addresses the issue isn't your wifi, it lies elsewhere.

jfigueroa
Here to help

Hello, kdm_korean.

Can you please validate that when using which SSID via wireless you are experiencing disconnects?

1. Are you using windows RDP or Chrome RDP?

Thanks.

his post stated Windows RDP...

thank you for responding, but is also a fact to know how the firewall rules are in place for the Corp SSID and Guest SSID from WAN to LAN base on the MGT. We will need to trace the path of how things are put together since not users are being affected by this issue.

hello

Thanks for replying

Currently, Windows RDP is an internal communication, so there is no firewall setting.
Of course, there are no Meraki firewall settings.

kdm_korean
Comes here often

I tested it again

It works normally in a psk environment, but wifi is disconnected when rdp is accessed during 802.1x authentication.

What could be the cause?
rdominguez
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @kdm_korean, have you opened a case with Meraki Support on this topic? If not, I would recommend doing so. Meraki Support will most likely request live troubleshooting and perform packet captures in an effort to find a root cause. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels