Meraki MR Local Auth Error 17

Solved
Fernie
Conversationalist

Meraki MR Local Auth Error 17

hello i recently configured a labssid to use local auth on the MR to use Certificate Auth using MS Cloud PKI. worked fine when i tested that day but came back about a week later now getting an error 17. anyone know this error code or know where i can find a list of the error codes?

Log output: "auth_mode='wpa2-802.1x' 11k='1' 11v='1' error_code='17' radio='0' vap='8' channel='11' rssi='51'"

1 Accepted Solution
KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey Fernie,

It would take some more information typically to troubleshoot via the Community page and it might be best to open a support case. That being said, error code 17 is an IEEE 802.11 error code which means: Association denied because AP is unable to handle additional associated stations

This will typically happen in Meraki devices when client balancing is enabled and the AP tries to steer it to another AP but perhaps it fails to roam or doesn't support 802.11v . What happens if you disable Client Balancing under the Wireless>Configure>Radio Settings page as a test.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey Fernie,

It would take some more information typically to troubleshoot via the Community page and it might be best to open a support case. That being said, error code 17 is an IEEE 802.11 error code which means: Association denied because AP is unable to handle additional associated stations

This will typically happen in Meraki devices when client balancing is enabled and the AP tries to steer it to another AP but perhaps it fails to roam or doesn't support 802.11v . What happens if you disable Client Balancing under the Wireless>Configure>Radio Settings page as a test.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
Fernie
Conversationalist

Disabling the Client Balancing worked thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels