Meraki Dashboard Privileges

kevinsanjose
Comes here often

Meraki Dashboard Privileges

Hi All,

Would like to get an idea on how I can edit or add what the monitor-only privilege can see once the admin account is logged-in. As far as my testing, all the monitor-only privilege has are the monitor clients which is far from what I want our client to be able to see. I want them to see the status of access points as well but it is under read-only where the configure tab can be accessed and I don't want that. Your help is highly appreciated. Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Kamome
Building a reputation

As far as I know, you can't control WHAT TO SEE(menu item), but only can control WHERE TO SEE(networks).

Besides that, I want more sophisticated admin privilege control, too.
Several of my customers wants to see more than monitoring stuff, but to do that I have to give read-only permission to them, and that comes with risk of configuration exposure. And many of members here will know the consequences.
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As described on https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Managing_Dashboard_Access/Managing_Dashboar... you can have „Full“ or „Read-only“ permissions only. Apart from what‘s already mentioned (Networks), you can give specific permissions based on Tags.

A wee bit more flexibility would be nice though as both of you already mentioned. But hey, we can „Make a wish“ 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels