Meraki AP how to hide password

AYEN
Here to help

Meraki AP how to hide password

Hi,

Good day, I have question on Meraki AP configuration. How can I hide password of the SSID on the end point to be able not to shared the password of the WiFi. Did anyone have an idea how to configure this on our Meraki AP without using any third party.

Thank you

3 Replies 3
ammahend
Getting noticed

You can not control endpoint WiFi setting from Meraki AP, AP does not have mobile device management capability  

AYEN
Here to help

Hi @ammahend ,

Did you mean Meraki AP solution has no capability or features to be able not to see or share the password of SSID or WiFI once you connect to WLAN? But on the other brand I think they have because I experience that. But I don't think if they used other 3rd party Application or solutions.

Thanks

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @ammahend stated, the Meraki AP does not have any control over the endpoint. If the endpoint has the SSID endpoint configured on it, it may have the ability to share or show that password in plain text.

You can prevent this by either:

- Managing the endpoint through MDM software (such as Meraki Systems Manager or MS Intune)

- Using an authentication mechanism that doesn't use pre-shared keys - such as certificate authentication

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels