Meraki AP Assigned with Sonos

shinjiack
New here

Meraki AP Assigned with Sonos

Hello, I'm trying to create a SSID with Meraki AP Assigned IP address in order to communicate with my Sonos speakers which are in a separate VLAN and it just doesn't work.

I tried to allow LAN rule in the meraki firewall and still doesn't work.

I saw some people saying that we have to be in bridge mode and some other things.

I just wanna know if it's somehow possible to make this work with Meraki AP Assigned.

Sorry if it's quite unclear.

Thanks !

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It has to be in bridge mode, in NAT mode the devices use the Access Point IP to communicate with the network.

Put it in bridge mode and it will be ok.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Sonos likes a simple network, i.e. stay within the same VLAN and don't use Meraki DHCP.

Use bridge mode and keep both the client and Sonos speaker(s) on the same VLAN, or experiment with Bonjour forwarding (https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/Bonjour_Forwarding)

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And also important: Either *one* or *none* of the speakers connect to ethernet. Sonos likes to mess up with Spanning-Tree.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels