Network_ICT
Here to help

MX 18.210

Hi 

Any good?

7 Replies 7
Holli69
Getting noticed

I've installed the 18.210 in many Organizations, and most of them are okay, a few I had to go back to the 18.107.9 version, due to some VPN issues.

Thanks, Holli69.

MX 18.208.0.1 just disrupted the entire 802.1x infrastructure.... It looks OK with MX 18.210.

GregHo
Comes here often

We are constantly battling with our estate of Meraki firewalls.  We were asked by Meraki to update to 18.207 to help with problems with Threat protection, now we are getting random reboots and been told to roll back to try 18:210 or roll back to 18.107.9.  We seem to get one thing fixed then something else goes wrong.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I'm guessing maybe you're maybe using MX6xW...?    In which case, it's probably better to use the MX Security & SDWAN forum for such Qs, even though it's maybe wireless clients that have been affected here.   I'd always recommend testing new firmware in a non mission-critical location / setup, before pushing it to your entire infrastructure - particularly if it's a version which isn't Stable, as is the case with anything MX 18.2xx, for the time being.   Glad to hear things look better with 18.210...    Did you log the issue with the previous version with Meraki Support, at all?

RodCushman1
Comes here often

We tried 18.208 and our MX lost AD integration (poorly - had to manually assign user groups to Meraki Groups).  We reverted back to 18.207 (which is solid).  Are the kinks worked out of 18.210 to work seamlessly with AD LDAP integration for group web filtering; AND - does it still make sure a URL whitelist (allow list) overrides a category)???  I can ill-afford to have a Meraki MX patch break our network again.

Network_ICT
Here to help

From Meraki Support:

"Hi, Currently, the workaround is applied to the MX, therefore this is why you most likely haven't had issues with MX 18.210. Would you like to test by removing the backend workaround to see if the issue is present in mx 18.210?"

I do not know what the workaround was about but now clients are authenticated with 802.1X.

A little bit scare to remove it...

RodCushman1
Comes here often

We are actually reverted back to 18.107.2 (solid, reliable)- when I tried to go to 18.207 (or 208?) it was a disaster - spent 2 days forcing a Meraki group policy on user IP's so they could work.  I'd like to make sure the AD integration works before I even consider 18.210.  The comment about 18.210 back-end fix concerns me.  We rely heavily on Meraki's LDAP integration with AD to make sure user's able to get to their appropriate sites for their roles and groups.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels