MR46e Antenna selection

Solved
SteveLandon
Here to help

MR46e Antenna selection

Hi, I plan to use MR46e AP for a new large warehouse installation (365,760 sq meters) . We have had success with these before. Problem is here that the ceiling is 40 feet, about 12 m.  I can't find much info on antenna range. Although with small dipole antennas, these MR46e should cover 100m if in an open space. There will be steel racks almost to the ceiling here . How we got around this before was using more MR46e , 1 each 30m and large patch antennas. I'm not so sure about the large patch antennas here at 12m ceiling. Any ideas are welcome.

1 Accepted Solution
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I used the Meraki narrow patch from the aisles. For the ceiling, you could also consider something like the AccelTex ATS-OP-245-13-6RPTP-36.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I used the Meraki narrow patch from the aisles. For the ceiling, you could also consider something like the AccelTex ATS-OP-245-13-6RPTP-36.

We decided to evaluate Narrow Patch antennas, Large Patch antennas and the AccelTex antennas. We can't use something like the MR86 because of it's narrow beam width. We need mostly 360 degree coverage since it's a very large big rectangle (warehouse) We're going to do a partial small buildout in half of the space with 3 antenna types and go from there. We also have ceiling high steel mesh racks for textiles and we've had some experience with this before. On a previous installation we had to go back and add quite a few more AP. That's a consideration on how we do this one. I really appreciate the feedback.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is there any chance of mounting the APs on a pole to lower them (I am assuming you want coverage at ground level)?

You could consider using the MR86 with the AIR-ANT2513P4M-N.  The AIR-ANT2513P4M-N is designed for stadiums (with high roofs).  It has a beam width of just 30%.  Note that the AIR-ANT2513P4M-N is not compatible with the MR46E, and also I believe it ships with no RF cables as well.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Overview_and_Specifications/MR86_Datasheet 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/antenna/installation/guide/ant2513p4mn.html 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels