MR44 claimed?

kevin317indy
New here

MR44 claimed?

Bought a couple MR44 off Facebook.  How can I tell if they are claimed or not?  These are for resale.

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have the serial number? Have you tried adding to the dashboard?

It's a bit risky, but you should ask the seller to remove it from their panel.

Good luck.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I do have the serial numbers.  I do not have a dashboard, I bought them to resale.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only way to verify is to attempt claim them to a dashboard and make sure it works.

If it says they're already claimed then you're out of luck.

You need to create a new organization and try to claim it.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
kevin317indy
New here

Thank you all for your help.

Adding them to an org will prove nothing...  Ownership is only established when adding the devices to an actual network.  So create your org, add the devices, and then add them to a network. If you are unable to add them to a network then the devices are in another network, and they must be released before the can be added to any other network. this can only be done by the current owner. Cisco Meraki can't help you.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Using_the_Organization...

Scroll down to: Claiming Devices/Orders and note the big pinkish /reddish note

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels