MR42 /Upgrade 0% complete + DNS issues

SaiQmon
New here

MR42 /Upgrade 0% complete + DNS issues

Hi,

I've recently installed new MR42 and it shows up in Meraki cloud. WiFi is working ok, internet access, everything ok. Meraki replaced old AP, same SSID remained.

It worked like a charm for 5 days.

Meraki cloud info:

FIRMWARE
Up to date
Current version: MR 27.5

But, the AP is flashing blue LED all the time and local web UI shows:

Firmware	
This device is currently updating its software. Upgrade 0% complete.

Otherwise looking good from local UI:

Ethernet	
This access point is directly connected to a local network.
IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx 
Internet	
This access point is connected to the Internet.
Cisco Meraki cloud	
This access point is successfully connected to the Cisco Meraki cloud.

• What could cause this?

-------

Another issue are DNS failures, which leads to AP offline mode. I don't know if these problems are related?

meraki.jpg

Green OK

Yellow "Disabled gateway (bad DNS)

Red "No Connectivity"

I sorted out this by rebooting the AP, as seen in timeline. At this location Meraki AP is connected to 4G router with DHCP enabled, about 20 clients, not much traffic, basic Internet & streaming usage.

• When Meraki went offline I could still access Internet with wired connection to router, so the issues is somehow AP / WiFi related. Tested with another router also, same symptoms
  • Meraki AP is accessible via LAN user interface (with manual IP), but it's offline from that point also
  • Local gateway is not accessible via Meraki AP, when AP is in offline mode. So Meraki cannot communicate with router.

meraki2.jpg

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There was a recent firmware bug that prevented APs upgrading to 27.5 from 27.4 correctly.  27.5.1 has come out which fixes that.

Start by applying that firmware update.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels