MR33 - Will not AUTH a client on SSID "A" if client leaves SSID "B" without cleanly disconnecting.

Solved
supurloop
New here

MR33 - Will not AUTH a client on SSID "A" if client leaves SSID "B" without cleanly disconnecting.

Problem

Client is unable to complete AUTH sequence with SSID A of MR33 after having been connected to SSID B of same MR33 and not cleanly disconnecting from SSID B (client powered off while connected to SSID B). The AP does not respond to the AUTH requests of the client, the client times out and tries repeatedly to AUTH without success.

Setup

One MR33 (MR 30.6)

Two SSIDs are configured, call them A and B.

Client is 2.4GHz b/g/n capable.

Sequence to Reproduce

Client connects to SSID A.

Client disconnects from SSID A.

Client connects to SSID B.

Client is power cycled.

Client attempts to AUTH with SSID A but is never able to get an AUTH response from the MR33.

If the MR33 is rebooted the client will AUTH and connect successfully to SSID A.

Obversations

Tested with a MR44 and the client was able to immediately connect to SSID A after a hard power cycle (works as expected).

The client is known to perform reliably with a wide variety of APs.

This condition appears to persist indefinitely, at least >24 hours.

Other clients (PCs) are able to connect successfully to either SSID A or SSID B as the client is unable to connect to SSID A.

I have a detailed network trace of the failed sequence and recovery after the MR33 is rebooted, but it contains information that I would prefer not to publicly post to the forum.

1 Accepted Solution

Well it's a basic SSID, in that case I would recommend opening a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe that first of all you could inform the type of authentication used in both SSIDs?

How is the minimum bitrate configured for each SSID?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

supurloop
New here

SSID A and SSID B

PSK (WPA2)

Min. bitrate 11

Well it's a basic SSID, in that case I would recommend opening a support case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels