MR Firmware 27 and 28 issues

longaair
New here

MR Firmware 27 and 28 issues

Hi,

Just wondering if people are still noticing performance issues on either of these firmwares? Admittedly, I haven't checked the logs to see what they are saying.  But I have had users constantly complain about drop outs and overall slowness on these firmrware version.

The fix in every instance is to revert back to 26.x and  the problems are solved instantly. 

2 Replies 2
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@longaair : Yeah as MR 28 is in Beta. Did you see that below, People are still testing, Whatever issues you got can share below, so that Meraki can work on it.  

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/MR-28-Private-Beta-Sign-Up/m-p/119690#M17080

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@longaair are the people having issues perhaps using Intel WiFi 5 chipsets like the 8260 or similar?  I found that these chipsets cause issues when going into power saving mode, which is pretty much all the time when the laptop is running on battery power.

The solution is either to disable power saving or the MIMO specific part of it if you can.

Or is it a more general issue?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels