MR 42 Splash Page Behavior

Solved
shlomoi
Here to help

MR 42 Splash Page Behavior

Hi,

We recently set up a new splash page for the organization. Everything works fine except for the URL after the connection. The page appears for about 2 seconds and disappears.
The problem only occurs on Android phones and   in iPhones, everything is fine. We are on the latest recommended version 30.6.
Does anyone know the problem

I have attached a video with the problem that show  the page and after  2 seconds the page is disappears

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's a normal behavior for Android phones. But you should ask whoever designed the system because it's only like that with Android.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is pretty normal for android devices.

Once the user has completed the login process and is fully online, the mini browser  automatically closes. As result, the user sees the landing page for less than a second. 

Maybe you can work something out using the firewall like noted here. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34933146/prevent-captive-portal-auto-close-after-authentication-...

shlomoi
Here to help

Thank you for your help . But why does this only happen on Android?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's a normal behavior for Android phones. But you should ask whoever designed the system because it's only like that with Android.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels