L2 ACL on Meraki WLAN level

nileshkahar
Comes here often

L2 ACL on Meraki WLAN level

Hi,

Is there a way I can apply Layer-2 ACL just like I can on Ruckus WLAN "Firewall Options"? 

If yes, please guide.

Thanks,

Nilesh Kahar.

4 Replies 4
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, but for everything that you want to do, there are better ways to achieve it.

We are migrating customer from Ruckus to Meraki and one of the ssid is having static mac address list under allowed layer-2 acl. Customer is not using radius auth for this particular ssid so that option is ruled out. Is there any other way I can achieve this mac address whitelisting for particular ssid on meraki mr access points?

MAC address filtering is not an easy thing to do on Meraki AP's without a radius server.
Usually you have to have a splash login page without valid users and then create a group policy that bypasses that splash page.
You can then add the mac addresses as clients on the client page and apply that group policy to them.

There are several ways you could look at achieving this.

To do it based on MAC address, change the default layer 3 firewall rule to deny all access.  Then create a group policy to override this, and allow access.  Then apply the group policy against the MAC addresses allowed access.

You could use iPSK per device instead (simpler, I think).

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/IPSK_Authentication_without_RADIUS

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels