Issue with AAA server auth req routing

Tribbio
New here

Issue with AAA server auth req routing

Hi everybody.

I have a problem with my radius server.

I have an SSID (on the site A), that use a VM with freeradius (on the site B).

Both sites are linked eachother with a VPN connection.

On my SSID configuration I put an public address 193.xxx.xxx.95 (which is the ip addres on the VM), in the field MyRadius.

The AAA process seems to work but every time someone try to connect on the site A, the radius server recieve auth request from the public IP of the site A.

Therefore, the connection pass through internet insted of VPN connection.

I've already configurated a VPN connection through public ip 193.xxx.xxx.3 (site B).

And other SSIDs are able to comunicate with other radius servers (on site B) through VPN, the only difference is that other SSIDs use radius servers configurated with local ip (172.xxx.xxx.xxx).

Can someone please tell me how to directing traffic through VPN using 193.xxx.xxx.95?

Thank you.

7 Replies 7
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ,

Why are you not using the LAN IP of the Radius server ? Is the routing between the 2 sites even working ?

Unfortunately the Radius is a VM with only an ethernet interface (configured with public ip). Is It necessary or there's another way to bypass this issue?

I mean, I think I could add another interface with a local ip address.

Do u think this will solve the problem?

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What a weird setup. 

You are sending / receiving RADIUS request over the Internet without encryption ( RadSec ) ? 

Yep I know ahahha.

I'm talking abt freeradius, for eduroam service.

If u know this service.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You have to use your radius private IP instead of the public IP.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Unfortunately the Radius is a VM with only an ethernet interface (configured with public ip). Is It necessary or there's another way to bypass this issue?

I mean, I think I could add another interface with a local ip address.

Do u think this will solve the problem?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I highly advise you to do this instead of leaving your server exposed to the internet.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels