Issue scaner not conecting

athan1234
Building a reputation

Issue scaner not conecting

Hello

I'm having an issue with a scanner. The guest's meraki DHCP does not have a vlan tag mode. mode nat 

The customer wishes to connect your mobile device to the same guest's SSID in the lift. he is attepingg via the app on your phone, but the app cannot locate the scanerr. I activate the LAN firewall and allos lan conexion . However, it's possible that the issue is with the NAT Meraki mode and this app's internet connectivity. I'm not sure if it will be the problem or not, but if it is, what do you think the solution would be?

Is it possible that a port forwarding solution was created?

any ideas

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, the Nat mode is the problem, you have to use bridge mode.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also check this.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/'Deny_Local_LAN'_settings_in_Cisco_...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Since the client isolation function of NAT mode prevents wireless devices on the SSID from communicating with other wireless devices, NAT mode is not recommended for use with wireless peer-to-peer devices like a wireless printer or Google Chromecast.

1000019525.jpg

athan1234
Building a reputation

Hello @alemabrahao , thank you, however I'm not sure why mode NAT isn't working.

Could you perhaps explain in brief so that I understand?

It is not possible to perform both mobile and scanner conecting of the same SSD guest in nad mode.?
The smartphone has an APP  scanner to find the scan from the phone,

What functions well in this environment any solution?

Because the NAT mode uses the function client isolation.

I the other words it will not work.

kchand
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello Athan,

As @alemabrahao mentioned, NAT mode with Meraki DHCP isolates clients. Devices with a Meraki DHCP address will be able to access external and internal resources, such as the Internet and LAN (if firewall rules permit). However, connected clients will be unable to contact each other.

So, the alternate solution for your deployment is to configure the SSID in bridge mode (External Client IP assignment) and use your DHCP servers to provide IP addresses to your phone and the scanner devices. 

URL- https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/NAT_Mode_with_Meraki_DHCP

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels