Cisco Meraki MR76 outdoor AP with Patch Antenna and mounting brackets query

TomS24
Conversationalist

Cisco Meraki MR76 outdoor AP with Patch Antenna and mounting brackets query

Hi All,

I'm looking to order an outdoor Meraki MR76 AP with a Patch Antenna, both to be mounted on a Pole.

I'm fairly confident the AP can be mounted on the pole with what's in the box (mount that it comes with), I've got two omnidirectional antennas already (MA-ANT-20 Meraki Dual-Band Omni Antennas), just want to be sure what's needed for the patch antenna (MA-ANT-25 Meraki Dual-Band Patch Antenna)

Can't locate installation guides for the Patch Antenna, or confirm what's in the box (length of cables)? Or what mounting bracket to buy is needed? Or would the MA-MNT-ANT-2 work okay with it? Both AP and Antenna will be mounted to the same pole.

I'll be using the Dual-Band Patch Antenna and Omni-Directional Antennas together.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

TomS24_0-1717602147081.png

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can check some information in the documentation, but I recommend that you consult your Meraki sales representative.

MR76 Installation Guide - Cisco Meraki Documentation

MA-ANT-25 DATASHEET | Cisco Meraki

MR76 Datasheet - Cisco Meraki Documentation

Frequently Asked Questions for Cisco Meraki Access Point Antennas - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Cables are 12" / 30cm and the mounting bracket has holes at the sides for direct wall mounting and slots in the middle for the jubilee clips to go through that then wrap round a pole.

I'm not sure of the jubilee clip size that come with this particular antenna, but the ones for the CW9163E support about 2" to 3" poles.  Different size clips are easily found at most tool stores.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The metal bands that are included with the MA-ANT-25 patchantenna do require a minimum size of pole.  The perforated slots don't go all the way to the end so you can't attach it to very thin poles.  In these cases we had to resort to just using thick black plastic tie wraps to mount an antenna.

The cables are extremely short.
The bracket is included and has some degree of rotation in both axis.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In the UK Toolstation sells smaller jubilee clips for a few pounds.  I got some for the CW9163E as I didn't trust plastic ties for such a heavy AP!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels