IoT sensors CW9166/CW9166D1

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

IoT sensors CW9166/CW9166D1

How many others find it frustrating that we don't have access to these sensors in Meraki? Seems like Cisco internal politics blocking access to valuable data to me…

I'm hoping that if enough people engage with this they’ll at least see that it's not good enough and open up access for us. 

Please feel free to hit that kudos button
5 Replies 5
thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

Being a positive person, Im sure it will happen at some point 🙂 - Just give it a little time 🙂

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This looks like an MT10+ and would be very useful:

Environmental sensors

These built-in sensors measure air quality (Total Volatile Organic Compounds [TVOC]), temperature, and humidity, and help ensure a safe working environment, avoiding the need to install an overlay of difficult-to-manage independent sensors.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, it is slightly frustrating. I assume part of the "problem" is licensing. They don't dare to require two licenses (MR and MT) for one device but also don't want to give a sensor functionality for free.

Besides this, reading the sensor values and sending them to the cloud should be quite easy.

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

I don’t mind having two licenses… just give me the choice and chance to use the sensors I’ve purchased!!

Please feel free to hit that kudos button
TyShawn
A model citizen

Just popping in as a datapoint on this topic. Meraki is pushing to get more IoT devices into the market.. having this option even with licensing would make it easier to accomplish this. If an admin needs to monitor a room or space apply one of the IoT licences to the AP, or if a space that needs to be monitored that doesn't have an AP then install a standalone unit.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels