How high a ceiling can I mount a MR44

rshappel
Conversationalist

How high a ceiling can I mount a MR44

Good Day!

We have a new office with very high ceilings.  25ft   

I've looked at the XY YZ XZ maps in the Meraki specs.  I really have no idea what those mean.   Are the -25 through 10 number the DB/gain?   Really just need to know what the coverage is in feet/yards...

rshappel_0-1710765559868.png

Can I use ceiling mounted MR44 for this area?  The rooms are very open with no walls. 

Thanks for any insights! 😎

Randal

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is the coverage radius that the AP will cover depending on the position it is in.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wi-Fi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Understanding_Wireless_Performan...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is pretty high and though it will kind of work, the data below shows the recommended heights for different antenna types:

cmr_0-1710793304208.png

Although this is for external antennas, the first three rows compare to the MR44 internal antennas.

The page is here: Frequently Asked Questions for Cisco Meraki Access Point Antennas - Cisco Meraki Documentation

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels