High Bandwidth consumption

Solved
This2shallpass
Getting noticed

High Bandwidth consumption

Hi Community, 

Recently high bandwidth consumption on WAN was reported & i was provided a list of DCs & AP (MRs) that were seen downloading & uploading data. This was captured on the gateway (L3/FW) which is managed by a different vendor. I'd like to know is there a way at the AP level where i could find the destination traffic & what is consuming so much bandwidth. Any suggestions where i can start or anyone has tshoot this, any services running that could utilize BW?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Go into clients pulling a lot of traffic, then click "more details" under the pie chart.

PhilipDAth_0-1693429130511.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can see the utilization on Clients page.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Go into clients pulling a lot of traffic, then click "more details" under the pie chart.

PhilipDAth_0-1693429130511.png

Thank you @PhilipDAth . This helps. The snippet that you posted gives the destination IP as well.. Is it because your L3/ Gateway is a MX or am i missing something.

I think it depends on weather the destination is well known (and then you only get a name, like Youtube) or not.

You will need Traffic Analysis enabled under Network-Wide/General as well.  If is it not on, it takes a while after you enable it before anything appears.

PhilipDAth_0-1693519363075.png

Yes, its on basic:collect generic traffic categories. I'll change it to detailed:collect destination hostnames. Need to make these changes for each network.

Thank you @PhilipDAth  🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels