Help with Port Profiles on MR36H

Solved
RayR
Here to help

Help with Port Profiles on MR36H

I'm trying to set up port profiles on an MR36H - but I'm confused.

The dashboard config settings list Ports 1 through 4 - BUT the device has an "unmanaged" port and three other ports (numbered 1 through 3).

So - I am confused.  Can I actually put a port profile on the unmanaged port?  And, if so, is it considered port 1 or port 4?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes, this doc explains it https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/Port_Profiles

"MR36H will use a 4-Port profile (same as MR30H), however, port 4 of the profile will not be used since the port does not exist on the AP. For more information about MR36H ports please visit installation guide."

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have a screenshot of what you're seeing on the dashboard?

According to the installation guide, the ports are as follows (leftmost is the passthrough, and the LAN ports follow after that)

Brash_0-1713838592958.png

RayR
Here to help

Dashboard view:

RayR_0-1713839095078.png

RayR
Here to help

Never mind - Found my answer:

MR36H will use a 4-Port profile (same as MR30H), however, port 4 of the profile will not be used since the port does not exist on the AP. For more information about MR36H ports please visit installation guide.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes, this doc explains it https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/Port_Profiles

"MR36H will use a 4-Port profile (same as MR30H), however, port 4 of the profile will not be used since the port does not exist on the AP. For more information about MR36H ports please visit installation guide."

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels