Guest Wi-Fi with Meraki Cloud Authenication

Solved
Lukeatcoors
New here

Guest Wi-Fi with Meraki Cloud Authenication

Our guest Wi-Fi is setup to automatically email and text a randomly generated access code to our visitors.  When they get the code, it sometimes contains either an uppercase i or lowercase L.  I get multiple calls every month with people having trouble logging in to the guest Wi-Fi because they don't realize one of the letters could be an i or l.  Is there an option to exclude certain characters from the automatically generated password? An example of this would be "uXolDu2I".  It is hard to distinguish which one is uppercase i or lowercase L.  Please let me know if it possible to exclude certain characters or not.  Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately not.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately not.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks for confirming!

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Changing the font could help. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You will have script that is being used to change the PSK on your WiFi.

There is something called "Base 32" which is an encoding scheme that excludes all ambiguous characters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base32 

You should get someone to change the script to only use Base 32 and your issue will be gone.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels