Group Policy assignment

Solved
Jonathan_Galvez
Here to help

Group Policy assignment

Hi team,

we are trying to assign a Group Policy to a WLAN client.

In the passt we assigned the client with the add client option and then chosing the group policy or just changed it manually. I am now trying to do that just adding the group policy on the VLAN (MX).

The scenario is like:

Client logged in to a SSID and get VLAN:4, it seems like the policy is assigned but I can not see the group policy assigned on the client list. To know if there is a policy applied I make a change (block www.youtube.com) but it still reachable from my client. Is there a time I need to wait, until the settings on the group policy are synchronised?

So my questions are:

Is it normal that when a Group Policy via VLAN is applied, I can not see it on the client list?

If I make a change on the group policy, how long is needed to be applied on a logged client?

Many thanks and regards,

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is normal when applied to the vlan that you won't see it applied in the client list.

Firewall changes to the group policy impact new flows through the MX. So if there is an existing  network flow to YouTube, you might need to wait for that to time out.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is normal when applied to the vlan that you won't see it applied in the client list.

Firewall changes to the group policy impact new flows through the MX. So if there is an existing  network flow to YouTube, you might need to wait for that to time out.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels