Deauthentification client

Solved
athan1234
Building a reputation

Deauthentification client

Hello

These new laptops with 802.11ax have WiFi disconnections in some of my clients' devices. I was able to fix discovered a way to prevent them more easily I update drivers up to date and force 5hgz. The identical pattern is now on fresh laptop. I was curious about your issues. Why did this occur?
Any idea ?

AP MR44

Up to date
Current version: MR 28.7.1

athan1234_0-1665474869675.png

He is moving to throught these AP´s 

athan1234_2-1665475088107.png

An example AP 

athan1234_3-1665475160844.pngathan1234_4-1665475203835.png

1 Accepted Solution
athan1234
Building a reputation

Thnaks for your support

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

These information are not helpful. What type of authentication are you using?
Can you share your SSID configuration and RF profile configuration?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
athan1234
Building a reputation

Sure 

athan1234_0-1665483344311.png

athan1234_3-1665483533989.png

athan1234_1-1665483470806.png

athan1234_2-1665483486583.png

Thanks, It looks well, the 802.11r and 802.11w are enabled? How the Client IP assignment is configured?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Also, can you configure an SSID for 5Ghz only?

athan1234
Building a reputation

Yes, I can, but not if there are more uses. 2,4Ghz

athan1234
Building a reputation

Hi 

athan1234_0-1665486612959.png

Thanks again .

athan1234_1-1665486781357.png

Could you briefly describe the advantages of enabling 802.11r and w?

DHCP is used for the IP address.

The 802.11w amendment applies only to a set of robust management frames that are protected by the Protected Management Frames (PMF) service. These include Disassociation, Deauthentication, and Robust Action frames.

Some legacy devices that do not support 802.11w may not be able to connect to an SSID even if in mixed mode. This may be due to the device improperly handling the advertised information contained within the beacons.

802.11r uses Fast Basic Service Set Transition (FT) to allow encryption keys to be stored on all of the APs in a network. This way, a client doesn't need to perform the complete authentication process to a backend server every time it roams to a new AP within the network. Thus avoiding a significant amount of latency that would have previously delayed network connectivity.

802.11r is intended for use on SSIDs that use enterprise authentication methods.

Fast Transition (FT) 802.11r roaming is not supported between Meraki MR55/MR45 and any other MR Access Point (AP) running version 25.x or lower. If you have a mixed deployment with MR55/MR45 and any other model of Meraki APs and 802.11r is either set as enabled or adaptive on any of the SSIDs configuration ensure all your APs are running version 26.4 or higher.

In both cases I suggest leaving it as is (disabled)

About DHCP I actually wanted to know if it is configured as NAT mode or Bridge mode?

About WLAN, I suggest creating a new one (not changing the existing one) only in 5Ghz, to test this 802.11ax client.

athan1234
Building a reputation

I appreciate your explanation.

The 802.11r option seems interesting. These user are moving between 2 o 3 AP´s . With this option will they would have a lower latency , but I'm not sure if using it will be appropriate.

They are making use of the Brige mode vlan tagging.

Yes,I thought to do performing an RF test . is it possible to do a RF only for a user o users ? I belive it was possible only for SSID or AP

I didn't understand the question "is it possible to do a RF only for a user o users ? "

athan1234
Building a reputation

Hi 

You reply me :

"About WLAN, I suggest creating a new one (not changing the existing one) only in 5Ghz, to test this 802.11ax client."

I assumed you were telling me to create new RF profiles, I can only do so using the SSID no for  client or user 

athan1234_0-1665498686335.png

You don't need to create a new profile, just change It to "Per SSID", and selec what band you want to use.

alemabrahao_1-1665499538792.png

athan1234
Building a reputation

Therefore, those who lack 5Ghz in their laptops are unable to access this SSID. It would be a problem , many users don´t  have 5Ghz

@athan1234 

I see, that's why I  suggest you to create a new SSD just to test clients that support 5Ghz, it looks like those clients are floating between bouth bands.

athan1234
Building a reputation

Thnaks for your support

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels