DHCP Sever issues

HThiam
Here to help

DHCP Sever issues

Hi 

I have a set up a wireless network for one of our remote site where clients are meant to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server located at Head Office . However  I m unable  to connect to the SSID and getting the following error from the connection logs .

HThiam_0-1711025976363.png

The Addressing and Traffic configuration is set to bridge mode  where wireless traffic has been tagged to Vlan 10 .  

I can confirm the DHCP server is reachable as I can connect to different SSIDs that tunnels traffic to a concentrator .

Not sure where I m getting it wrong 

Can  anyone please assist  ?

Thanks

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

First we need to understand how the remote site is connected to the site where the DHCP server is hosted.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
HThiam
Here to help

Hi 

This s how the remote site is connected to Head Office . I can also  successfully ping the DHCP server from the switch . DHCP relay is also configured on the SVI  for Vlan 10. 

HThiam_0-1711031011598.png

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And for the wired network, does DHCP work as expected?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is the switch port native VLAN 10? If so, don't also tag the SSID for VLAN 10. Either don't tag the SSID or set the switch port to another VLAN if you want to tag at the SSID level.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>The Addressing and Traffic configuration is set to bridge mode

Is it being bridged locally to VLAN10?

Is VLAN10 included in AutoVPN for connectivity back to where the DHCP server is located?

If you plug a notebook into VLAN10 can it get a DHCP address ok?

HThiam
Here to help

Thanks All  for your helpful  feedback . Yes DHCP works fine  while connecting a device on the wired network . I believe the issues resides with the fact I have configured Vlan tagging on the SSID while the switchport interface is set as an access port . Since this s a flat network with only Vlan 10 and Vlan 1 as native , I would need to to remove tagging I suppose . Will test and see how that goes 

Regards 

HThiam
Here to help

Hi All

I have  tested once again but getting the following while attempting to connect " Connected , No Internet " . The connection logs are displaying the below messages .

HThiam_7-1711450800004.png

HThiam_0-1711447528277.png

HThiam_5-1711449907101.png

I can confirm we have connectivity to the DHCP server ( works with wired devices ) , we have also successfully tested  another SSID  where traffic is being tunneled to an MX-400 appliance . It does not seem to be happy with the  SSID that s being set up in  bridge mode ( this s the preferred connection method ) .

@PhilipDAth  Yes it s being bridged locally to Vlan 10  , not familiar with  AutoVPN ,  will look into it 

Here s the config 

Switch

---------

HThiam_1-1711448364148.png

HThiam_2-1711448427257.png

HThiam_3-1711448490089.png

SSID 

--------

HThiam_4-1711448565159.png

Any assistance would be appreciated 

Thanks 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you ping an external IP like Google's?

Did you try to ping by name?

Or your DNS or gateway is configured wrong in DHCP.

HThiam
Here to help

@alemabrahao 

Its now sorted ,  it looked like some of the  " Firewall & traffic shaping " rules for the relevant site were preventing clients traffic to get to the DNS Server .

Thanks All for your help 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels