Recent 802.1X failure on Meraki Access point

ShankarKB
Comes here often

Recent 802.1X failure on Meraki Access point

There are 4 AP' in the network, 2 AP's showing  802.1X failure, Remaining 2 AP's fine. All the AP's connected same switch. 

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Very generic, what are you using as a basis for authentication? Meraki cloud or an external radius server?

If it is a radius server, are the APs registered as radius clients correctly?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you for your information..Here Using External radius server..

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This page might help : https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Alert_-_Recent_802.1X...

Seems like your radius server is not responding to the testing done by Meraki : A node displays the Recent 802.1X Failure alert when the RADIUS testing feature is enabled and it doesn't get a reply from one or more of the configured RADIUS servers. The alert may just mean that the device didn't get a reply from the server once due to network conditions in that particular moment. Please keep reading to verify if is this a one-time situation or if there's a bigger problem.

Thank you for suggestion. 

CFStevens
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @ShankarKB

I would advise taking a packet capture on the upstream switch port that the AP is plugged into. Verify if you are getting any sort of RADIUS return traffic from the RADIUS server. If you are not, take a capture directly above the RADIUS server to see if it’s even getting the initial RADIUS responses and possibly investigate the RADIUS log messages and configuration to better understand why it’s not replying back.

Thanks for the update..

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels