Client roaming information pretty good now

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Client roaming information pretty good now

I just saw this when exploring for something else and I think it is a pretty nice visualisation of a particular client's roaming journey:

cmr_0-1702924742749.png

The SSID uses external RADIUS etc. so the roaming performance is not what it could be... 

11 Replies 11
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Cisco Meraki have done amazing work in this area.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can't wait for Microsoft to fix their PMK issues so I can upgrade to MR29-30 to use that page 😫

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your clients are too old for FT?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

FT to me is the Financial Times newspaper... 🤔  If I'm missing a setting then that would be very helpful.  That particular SSID is mainly phones, so most are quite new.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have 802.11r enabled ?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ah, we normally avoid it as most of our SSIDs are PSK, I forgot it was okay with external RADIUS...  Thank you!

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RaphaelL already answered it, but for completeness: 802.11r is Fast BSS Transitioning, or often shortened to FT.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is only 1 thing missing which I would really enjoy having is a form of intelligent capture.  So each association, re-association, 4-way handshake, 11v frames etc... is captured and can be downloaded for each client for at least a day coupled with a complete eventlog.

This would make tshooting strange issues like clients suddenly being dropped or bad roams alot easier.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I just started dreaming … 

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

Juniper have it… and like most things Juniper/Mist have done… Meraki never seem too far behind 😜😅

Please feel free to hit that kudos button

Nothing like a bit of competition to drive improvement!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels