Client keep disconnect from meraki access point

tli_1
New here

Client keep disconnect from meraki access point

Hi Folks, 

I am experiencing issue with connected clients on meraki access points, they keep disconnecting from time to time, in the timeline of the access points, the main problematic is due with the dhcp being rejected request:   as per below:

Client <mac @... >had a failed connection to SSID <ssid name... >during authentication because the auth server rejected the auth request. because the DHCP server rejected the client’s request.

but in real time, clients were connected once, but the logs show the issue is with the dhcp server while not giving why connected clients keep losing connection. Can you guys give me a clue on that.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using Meraki DHCP or bridge mode?

If it's bridge mode, have you checked the DHCP server?

Are 802.11r and 802.11w enabled? If so try disabling both.

Or open a support case.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi, 

thanks for your reply, yes both 802.11r and 802.11w are disabled - the dhcp server is working well the vlan id which tag is ok. Let me add the Encryption method is with 802.1X with custom RADIUS.

I guess i will need to open a case.

Thanks!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the DHCP scope have free IP addresses?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels