Cisco CW9166I discovery loop

AnilVijay
Conversationalist

Cisco CW9166I discovery loop

I am just starting to learn cisco and Meraki equipment so that I can start reselling them. I bought 2 brand new CW9166 AP’s. Registered them in the meraki dashboard. Bought a license for 3 years. Now when I first plugged the AP in the dashboard said the following.

Configuration is out of date
Then after waiting for a long time it just goes into a green - red - off blinking mode and does nothing. The AP is connected to a POE + switch which is connected to a dumb router. No VLANS. any help is greatly appreciated.

Other imp points.  The AP is getting an IP address from the router DHCP.  I am able to ping it.  Tried 2 different networks so far same issue.  Tried the 2nd AP just assuming the first was a DOA but same issue on both.

2 Replies 2
AnilVijay
Conversationalist

Update: After a long call with tech support and multiple packet captures they informed me that the AP is in DNA mode and need to convert it to Meraki mode.  Can this be done online.  What is the easiest way to accomplish this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels