CW9162-MR Power Event randomly

Solved
ClementChalopin
Here to help

CW9162-MR Power Event randomly

Hello,

We recently wanted to upgrade our wifi network by removing Meraki MR32 and installing CW9162I-MR but we since had some trouble. We did resolve our cases and are close to have our WiFi network perfectly working but we still have a problem : Our CW9162I-MR randomly restart without knowing why. We first thought it was due PoE because some of our AP are powered by PoE but as you can see it even happen on AP that are by AC adapter powered.
This problem occur on EVERY CW9162 that we have. We want to understand why but the logs can't help. Sometime it reboot one time or twice a day, somtimes it will be 4 in a row...

ClementChalopin_0-1718354063647.png

ClementChalopin_1-1718369477069.png

We still have MR33 and MR42 in our infrastructure for the moment. Does it create any conflict that we need to know that can be related to having differents model in our meraki network ?

Thanks for your help !

Clément CHALOPIN

1 Accepted Solution

Hello,

I just want to make some feedback since the problem has been resolved! With the help of the Meraki support, we locked all our CW9162I-MR AP in the 29.4.1 version of the firmware and didn't get any problem ever since.

I don't know why this problem happen in the next firmware version but in case somebody is having the same problem and read this, ask for the 29.4.1 firmware on your CW9162I-MR AP.

Have a nice day !

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, they are interoperable with each other, so having other models is not the cause of the problem.

It would be good to open a support case for them to investigate.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks for the answer ! The support recommended us to rollback the firmware but we are trying to give a shot to the 30.7 firware. If it does nothing we will try to roll-back.

All our PoE are at least 30W if I remember well. And there is only a very few of our AP that are powered by PoE so I'm not too worried about PoE for now I think.

Hello,

I just want to make some feedback since the problem has been resolved! With the help of the Meraki support, we locked all our CW9162I-MR AP in the 29.4.1 version of the firmware and didn't get any problem ever since.

I don't know why this problem happen in the next firmware version but in case somebody is having the same problem and read this, ask for the 29.4.1 firmware on your CW9162I-MR AP.

Have a nice day !

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ClementChalopin please try firmware 30.7, it is already a stable release candidate and has a LOT of fixes.  For reference I have run one network with 32,33,34,42,44,46E,52 and 9166 without any interoperability issues.  Also what switches and PoE injectors are you using?

Hello, thanks for your answer ! The support recommended us to roll back to see if it change our problem but we choose to give a try to 30.7. I will come back here to make a feedback regarding our problem.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ClementChalopin did 30.7 resolve the issue?

Hello,

Sadly, not really, we still have random reboot on our CW9162I

ClementChalopin_0-1718867909790.png

ClementChalopin_1-1718867929717.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have CW9166 and CW9163 and don't have the problem, maybe try the rollback suggested by support now as those reboots don't seem right.

Yes I think we will roll-back. Do you know if there is a way only one AP instead of the full network ?

Just another picture to show how random it is ahah

ClementChalopin_0-1718872228313.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, support can roll back one AP for testing.

So i have to make a request to the support ? It's sad that I can't do it by myself 😞

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately yes, but create a case in the dashboard and then phone them up.  It should be done in a few minutes 🙂

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Why are they showing a yellow status?

Because we didn't activate the WPA3 on our SSIDs. It does not allow our new 9162 AP to run the 6GHz

ClementChalopin_0-1718872956420.png

Hello,

Have a nice day !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels