Bug in Meraki Wireless Health

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Bug in Meraki Wireless Health

Today, I faced a problem with my SSID that uses Meraki Cloud Authentication. I am still investigating this, but the bug is with Meraki Health.

Although the connection Log is full of "Client made an 802.1X authentication request to the RADIUS server, but it did not respond", the Wireless Health shows 100% success, and no client was affected on this SSID. This really should be investigated to correct the Wireless health output.

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Interesting.

I vaguely remember reading something about "Client made an 802.1X authentication request to the RADIUS server, but it did not respond" that indicated they can be false positive event/errors but I may be wrong.

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @KarstenI ,

If you believe to be facing a bug, if you haven't already done so please open a Support case so we can investigate and raise this to Engineering.

Cheers,

Connor.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

==> PM

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you see the total response time ? Dashboard will say that if the request exceeded 1s. 

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

I*m not completely sure if this is a bug, because we've alsp noticed this on one of our customers last week, where they have begun experiencing lots of disconnects from the wireless network. We have an open case about it, but so far haven't gotten anything specific yet.

However, I haven't heard any reports since we suggested the customer to forget the network and reconnect (delete the connection profile).

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels