Blue Diamonds with MR57 APs

The_Roo
Getting noticed

Blue Diamonds with MR57 APs

I just put together a network with MS225 switches, to a MS425 core stack. I'm deploying MR57 APs and seeing a number of good APs in the Topology, but also a number of blue diamonds

Screenshot 2023-11-13 155430.png

The diamonds, when hovered over, show they are actually repeats of the APs already there. This must be something to do with the dual ethernet links to the APs, but they are all in default configuration with only some of them doing this. Has anyone come across this before, and if so what is the fix?

Thanks

Roo

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Have you you've ensured all APs have LAG enabled as well as the corresponding switch side ports? If yes and the problem persists I would open a Support case.

From what I've seen the topology page will only show the primary port (eth0) of the MR57 if using LAG.

The APs are all running with aggregation, and I've tried aggregating the two ports the AP connects to, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect. Its peculiar, in that it only affects some of the APs (a lot less than half), and they were all connected straight out of the box default, so you would expect them all to behave the same

Are you saying link aggregation is enabled on the switches? It is a requirement for proper operation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/MR_Link_Aggregation_Configuration...

Just looking for clarity as you mention "out the box". If you connected a MR57 straight out of the box with both ports and did nothing else I would not expect link aggregation to be working correctly as it requires config on both the AP and switch side.

You are right Ryan, I explained it badly: in actual fact the APs are "out of the box", and have all come up with aggregation enabled, which I understand is their correct default state. Some of the switch ports are aggregated (so the two ports on a switch or a switch stack that support an individual AP are aggregated) but I only got so far through the process of aggregating the ports (there's a lot of APs, so a lot of ports) before I noted that the state of the AP (blue diamond or not) didn't seem to have any relationship with the port aggregation status

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels