Best practice for guest users and IOT wireless environment.

Solved
RG
Here to help

Best practice for guest users and IOT wireless environment.

Hello team,

I'm looking for  a solution or implementation for the following environment:

- Guest User Credential Management :
Currently, I manage guest user credentials through the Meraki portal, where I need to create new        credentials for each user manually. I’m looking for a more streamlined solution that reduces the administrative workload while maintaining security. Ideally, I’d like to enable automatic authentication for users via email, SMS, or other secure methods.

- Corporate BYOD Management :
Additionally, I need advice on managing corporate BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) effectively.

Any recommendations or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7
double_virgule
Here to help

Are the guest user credentials for wireless? Wireless access control allows self-authentication via SMS if you have a Twillo account.  You can also allow them to enter in an email address on your domain and that person will get an approval request. If you don't want to manually create the accounts, you can set this up and put your email on the splash page, and they can shoot you an email and you can approve the access. 

Thank you @double_virgule 

Can I use Twilio solution to send notification by email or just SMS?   

I believe it's just SMS. Also, @PhilipDAth solution is ideal as well if you are willing to let people sponsor users. 

Thank you for your advice, I am will add this option in my scenario. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check out sponsored guest access.  Very popular in corporates.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Sponsored_Guest

Thank you @PhilipDAth ! 
Definitely it is a good option.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels